Points of Listening (PoL) is a monthly programme of listening workshops, activities and discussions based in and around London.
It will take place every second Wednesday of the month from January 2014 . Events are held at the London College of Communication in addition to various locations, outdoors and indoors, throughout the city. PoL seeks to promote and investigate listening together: to perform a ‘musica practica’ of field recording, deep listening, remote listening, film listening, textual listening, listening to the audible, inaudible and more. PoL is a CRiSAP project.
What to expect:
• Participatory workshops and activities (indoors or outdoors)
• Field trips to relevant locations/institutes/orgs
• Readings/text based provocations and debate
• Book clubs, film screenings, listening sessions
• Experiments, interventions and actions
Deep Listeningwith Ximena Alarcón will launch the programme of events.
Date: Wednesday January 8th, 2014
Time: 3:30pm to 6:30pm
Venue: Swiss Church, 79 Endell St, London WC2H 9DY
To book please email Ximena on: X.Alarcon@lcc.arts.ac.uk
Points of Listening
Points of Listening Facebook page